Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Summer Loitering = Summer Garbage

I am pleased that since I moved in to Logan four years ago the five apartment buildings on the 1400 block of R Street have started a daily morning garbage clean-up. Yet, a few yards east of the apartments, there's always street filth accumulating in every available corner the gutter, the treeboxes, and the Zipcar lot.
The trail originates across Corcoran from Kazanchi's, runs through the alley, and terminates just before reaching 1416 R Street. It's not as if the prevailing winds blow trash tumbleweeds in that direction.

It's just a bummer, if an inevitability, that some apartment residents feel that using garbage cans is too taxing. Is it too much to wish that A.Y.T., Zipcar, and Kazanchi's would also help out? While I await the unlikely, I'll put this area on my mental list of potential neighborhood clean-up sites.

2 comments:

Mr. Other Upper NW said...

The eastern half of the 1400 block of Corcoran is a total mess. There seems to be a lot of refuse coming from purchases made at Kazanchi's, from people hanging out in front of the store.

Beets and Bonbons said...

Hello 14th and You - yes, please put this on your mental list of neighborhood clean up sites and if I can help in any way, please let me know. I live across the street from the apartment buildings on this block and while the buildings do a daily trash clean-up on their side of the street, many of the residents also deposit their trash on the north side of the street which we, inevitably, are left to pick up and I know we're all sick of it. Thanks.