Friday, August 24, 2007

Agressive Treeboxes

I applaud the Treebox Vodka blog for highlighting the decrepit state of some of Shaw's landscape. I am particularly impressed with the genuine efforts to do something about the mess.

My treebox rant is one of a different sort. Some of those who may plant their boxes nicely and keep them picked up nonetheless manage to forget that cars park next to virtually all of the treeboxes. I set out to document the phenomenon and I only had to travel one block on my daily stroll to find some great examples.

This hedge is more than one car length long. As far as I can tell, there's no way to park within a foot of the curb and not open your door right into the shrubbery. This must be a particularly lovely experience on a rainy day.









This is a rosebush. Rosebushes have thorns, lots of thorns.









The driver of this car got out one of two ways: (1) Nearly removing his door from the frame as he opened it into the very high box border or (2) flattening his body against the rear door while squeezing into the small space between the treebox and his car.

No comments: