This is a reminder that tomorrow night Modern Liquors at 1200 9th Street NW (Mount Vernon Square Metro stop) will be hosting its weekly wine and cheese tasting. As an added bonus, fresh-baked bread from Divine Cravings will also be served. Boutique Vineyards wines uncorked tomorrow will be:
- Raoul’s Willow Tree White
- Raoul’s Old Basket Red
- DeMeye Steel Chard
- DeMeye Little River Cab/Shiraz
- Hillcrest Sauvignon Blanc
- Tastings at Bell's Wine & Spirits (
20001800 block of M Street, NW, Farragut North Metro stop). Join the mailing list at their website to stay on top of the myriad monthly tastings, lectures, and dinners. This month they are featuring Spanish wines.
- Cork at 1720 14th Street (U Street/Cardozo Metro stop), NW hosts periodic tastings. Sign up for the newsletter on their website or view their events web page here.
- Best Cellars at 1643 Connecticut Avenue, NW (Dupont Metro stop, north exit) holds tastings periodically. I would give you the schedule if they would post it on their website. Walk by on a warm evening on your way to/from Dupont and, if you're lucky, they'll be pouring.
- Bardeo (3311 Connecticut Avenue, NW at the Cleveland Park Metro stop)
- Veritas (2031 Florida Avenue, NW on the northwest corner of Connecticut and Florida, Dupont Metro stop, north exit)
- Vinoteca (1940 11th Street, NW at the corner of 11th and U Streets, U Street/Cardozo Metro stop)
If you will be drinking — even a little bit — please consider using the Metro stops above to travel to your destination. While you're at it, encourage your friends to do the same, especially if they would otherwise be getting on the road to Maryland or Virginia.